Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscars

Sunday nights: a time to relax and prepare for the week ahead.  And, once a year, it's (finally!) time to watch the Academy Awards.

I love award shows; we've established that.  The Oscars lend a certain glamour and sophistication to the award show season, though.  They may not be the most fun show, but it's a must-watch when you're a die-hard fan.

You may recall that I refused to watch last year's Oscars.  I was unhappy with the choice of host, and I wasn't going to waste my time watching something that I knew would only irritate me.  This year, though...perfection.  I absolutely adore Ellen DeGeneres; I would watch her read a grocery list.  To be completely honest, I have not yet watched any of the nominated films, but I'll still watch tonight because I love her so.  I also enjoy critiquing all the fashion choices, and I also like watching the acceptance speeches. Yes, it's all complete fluff, and has no impact on my personal life.  But, it's an escape from my daily stresses that I desperately need to stay sane.

So, tonight I'll curl up with a snack and the tv and stay up way too late to watch the last of the award shows for this season.  I can't think of a nicer way to start the crazy, busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment