Saturday, March 8, 2014

Daylight

I'm sure we've all been reminded, at least once already, that Daylight Savings begins tomorrow.  I dread this day every year.

My husband is always the first to disagree with me when I start complaining about the time change.  He, like most others, look forward to having extra daylight in the spring evenings.  To me, it's not worth the meltdowns that always follow the annual springing ahead.  The kids will be a mess, for at least a month.  This year, my daughter has standardized testing at school the first week of Daylight Savings (great planning there!), and we have a very busy after school schedule this week.  We'll be (more!) exhausted by Friday, for sure.

But hey, we'll be exhausted in more daylight, I guess.

I enjoy spring, and I do look forward to summer (kind of...I don't like weather extremes, so the super hot weather is almost as unappealing as the super cold).  I just wish we could do all this without screwing with my kids schedules.

That's not asking for too much, right?  Add it to my list, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment