Friday, March 28, 2014

Heels

We have many different shoe options.  Shoes can make an outfit, right?  For some reason, today I thought that wearing heels would be a good idea.  Tonight, my sore feet have other opinions.

It was finally above freezing today, and I was wearing pants that are a little long, so I pulled out a cute pair of open-toe heels.  They made my pants look nicer, and I was able to show off a pedicure that I got weeks ago but have kept hidden under layers of socks (spring in Ohio is just lovely).  I made it about 12 minutes before I wishing I would have worn flats.

Who convinced women that heels were necessary pieces of our wardrobes?  Why did we listen?  We willingly cram our feet into shoes that are very uncomfortable.  Why?  Fashion.  That's why.  Sometimes, fashion is more important than being nice to our feet.

Someday, someone will invent a comfortable pair of heels.  I'm waiting, not-so-patiently, for that day to arrive.  If someone could get on that right away, that'd be super.

No comments:

Post a Comment