Saturday, March 1, 2014

Movie

We finally had the opportunity to take the kids to see The Lego Movie today.  They have been anxious to go see it, but our busy schedules have caused a delay.

We opted to see the film in 3D, as we arrived to the theatre closer to the beginning of that showing than the 2D.  The cost for a family of five to see a 3D movie?  $53.  I'm sorry, but that is obscene.  We typically wait until movies go to the "cheap theatre" before we see a kids' movie, because it's way cheaper (usually around $24 for all five of us, including concessions!), and the kids rarely sit through an entire film.  It's just more practical to wait a little while longer to see a movie instead of paying ridiculous ticket prices.  Again, though, they were really excited to see this particular movie, so we splurged.

We bypassed concessions this time, though; they had snacked all day, and I may have tucked a few treats into my purse, so they were just fine without popcorn and slushies.  The movie kept them pretty occupied, and they really didn't even miss the extra junk food.

I thought the story was entertaining enough, although I felt the ending was a little over their heads.  Visually, there was enough going on to keep them engaged in the story, and two of the three kids enjoyed it.  My oldest, however, decided that napping through the end of the movie was a better use of his time.  Eh, well, at least he was quiet.

All in all, I'm happy the kids got to see the movie today.  They'll get to discuss the film with their friends at school next week, and I'm guessing they will continue to reenact their favorite scenes.  I do hope, though, that they stop singing that song.  I'm already over it.




No comments:

Post a Comment