Saturday, August 16, 2014

Weirdness

Today was full of strange surprises.

I was trying to get caught up on housework, laundry, and anything non-school related; I didn't complete my list, but I got a lot accomplished. As I was working in the kitchen, I heard a smoke alarm sound; it wasn't a full blown alarm, but it was a longer tone than a low-battery chirp, so I was curious. So were the kids! A couple minutes after the alarm sounded, the boys were yelling about smoke in the backyard. "Yeah, right," I thought, and went on about my business. But, as I turned the corner to calm them down a few minutes later, I realized they were right: there was smoke coming from the backyard. I opened the door and realized that it was the a/c unit, so I quickly headed to the thermostat and turned it off  (we really didn't need it today, but it was still on) and began brainstorming reasons that this could have happened.

Not long after I started pondering (panicking about?) this, we realized that the wifi in the house had gone down. What was going on?!? Our connection is pretty reliable, and for it to stop working is rare. In an attempt to stop my runaway imagination (as Andrew had been ghost hunting earlier this afternoon, ha!), I gathered up the kids and headed to the grocery store.

After returning from our errand, I went upstairs to try and restart the router and restore the wifi. I then discovered that nothing would turn on in my bedroom, causing me to think that a fuse was blown. I was right. Craziness! But, I was happy to restore the wifi so the kids could watch a little Netflix before bed.

As I was trying to get the bedtime routines going, Al looked out the window and yelled "Maisey is eating a RAT!!", and of course, we all went running outside to see what she had found. Fortunately, it was just one of her bones, and as we all stood around watching her, she paused and looked up at us with such a look of disgust that it was truly funny.

Hopefully, these quirky little adventures have ended for today. I hope whatever ghostie Andrew disturbed earlier has relaxed a bit; this mama is tired and wants a good sleep tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment