Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ready or not...

...here they come, 3rd & 4th grades!

Tomorrow, Addie and Alex return to school for another fun-filled year of learning. Both are quite excited to get back into the swing of our "normal" schedule, and I am beyond delighted to send them back. Ha! Not that we haven't enjoyed our summer, but routines are a wonderful thing.

They are both excited about their new teachers, happy to already have friends in their classes, and they are looking forward to making new friends too. Did I mention that I'm excited and happy that they're going back? ;)

I don't even mind the endless paperwork that comes with the new school year, or really even the ridiculous cost of getting your child ready to go back to school. I'm determined to enjoy the years that they still like going to school, because who knows when that may change. I'm fortunate to have at least one kiddo that thinks homework is fun; Addie can't wait to break in those new #2 pencils. Alex has more fun being with his friends, I think, but that's ok too; he learns a ton from peer interaction, which makes me happy.

Andrew's first day of Kindergarten (what?!?) isn't until Thursday, so I don't have to experience the joy of getting three kids out the door until then. That, my friends, should be interesting. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment