Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Transition

I was more than ready for the kids to return to school. Now, I'm paying the price.

Transitions are difficult at our house. Alex just doesn't handle them well (chalk it up to his Down syndrome, I'm told), and then when he acts out, the other two follow suit. Not that they shouldn't also be tired; they're back in school, too, sitting for long periods of time, following new rules and learning new routines. They need to blow off some steam when they get home; I get that. But boy, they are all little nightmares by 8pm.

I'm hoping that Ad and Andrew will find their groove in the next few days, and Alex will hopefully only need a bit longer to do the same. Of course, as soon as things start to improve, they will have a three day weekend.

We'll make it through this transition; we always do. I can't promise you that I won't deal with it by eating obscene amounts of junk food and banging my head on my desk. We do what we gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment