Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy

Since March 21st, I've been working to reach a fundraising goal for Team Alex and the Columbus Buddy Walk, to benefit the Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio. I have posted incessantly on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, sharing the link to our fundraising page countless times. I have asked you to buy Tupperware, eat out on a particular day, and for the second time in the last six weeks I am telling you about our amazing #InclusionMatters campaign (seriously, do not delay...order your shirt now, because this time, once they're gone, they're really gone!).

It's been a never ending parade of requests, all centered around this fundraiser that is near and dear to my heart.

And the amazing thing is, people are listening. Acting. Reacting. It's incredible.

You are registering to walk with us, or giving a donation if you can't be here on 9/21 for our walk. You are ordering the Tupperware and eating out. You are buying a fabulous shirt with an even more fantastic message, and you're telling your friends to do the same. You are hitting yourselves in the face with pies. You have resisted blocking me and all my posts on Facebook. All in the name of Team Alex.

This makes me very, very happy. I see how Alex has touched so many lives, and how people want to help. We are fortunate and thankful to have such amazing family and friends. So, thank you, sincerely, for all that you're doing to help us reach a goal.

Only a little over a month to go, then you won't have to hear (too much) about the Buddy Walk until March 21st rolls around again. Of course, Girl Scout Cookie season will be upon us in that interim...  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment