Saturday, August 9, 2014

Back to School Prep

I've made it no secret that I'm anxious for the kids to get back to school. However, as any parent of a child with an IEP will tell you, a new school year brings mixed emotions. Yes, I am more than ready for my kids to be on a consistent schedule, but I am not ready for all the extra work it takes to stay on top of everything. I feel like I just got everything situated for the last school year, then it ended. Now, I start all over. Summer is a nice break from that; not that I'm saying that advocacy takes a break, but it's just not as intense outside of the school schedule.

I've been in a frenzy the last few days, making sure all three kids have supplies (even though I pre-ordered supplies for the kids' classes, there are two other classrooms requesting supplies), backpacks, shoes, socks, lunch boxes...all the fun details that need attention. I think I'm about set. I'm sure I've forgotten something, though.

Cheers to all the kids (and their parents) heading back to school in the next few days! I wish everyone an easy transition and a successful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment