Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blah Blah Blah

Although we had a rough start to our day (Alex was not a happy camper at Andrew's soccer game today, and the awful humidity magnified our drama), it has taken a slightly happier turn. Both boys are playing restaurant in the kitchen, and I'm taking a "Mommy Break" to write this and hopefully sit in front of the tv for some mindless entertainment.

Before clocking out, I was loading the dishwasher, and overheard the boys' game. Alex approached the table, in his undies and a construction hat, saying "Hello, I'm Alex. I'll be your server. What do you want to drink?"

Andrew asked for a cup of ice cold, refreshing milk. Alex started to write that on his pad, then stopped and began scribbling. Taking every opportunity to practice whatever skills present themselves throughout our day, I told him to start over and I would help him spell "milk".

"No, Mom, I got it. I just wrote 'blah blah blah'", came his response, and he showed me his notebook, full of scribbles. "See? That says 'blah blah blah'," he gleefully exclaimed.

He knew he won that round. We'll practice writing it later. I'm on break.

No comments:

Post a Comment