Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rainy Saturday

Rainy days can really take it out of you.

Al's track meet was soggy, at best; we waited through two rain delays and really thought the whole thing was set to be cancelled, so we gave up.  Alex had been begging to go home since we arrived, we were cold and wet, and there was standing water on the track.  Of course, shortly after we left, I saw photos on Facebook of his friends after their races.  Oh, well.  He'll look forward to the next meet!

After leaving the meet we learned that his baseball game had also been cancelled.  My day was suddenly blown open, leaving only one meeting on my schedule.  You'd think I would have the energy to clean the house, knock out a few loads of laundry, and catch up on some reading.

Nope.

I got sucked into Candy Crush, and now might polish my fingernails so they look nice for at least the beginning of the week.  My ambition must have been washed away with the rain today.

I'll look for it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment