Friday, May 30, 2014

Lizard

Friday night. Dance rehearsals. Finally, dinner time. 

We decided to head to the Winking Lizard, or as my husband calls it, "the Lizard". 

When we walked in to meet Mark and Andrew, who went ahead of the rest of us to get a table, Al immediately launched into a meltdown. It's late; he's tired and hungry. When we made it to the table, I noticed the people at the adjacent table snickering and whispering as they steal glances at my kid. 

Not. Cool. 

Although I have no proof that they were truly talking about Al, I may have shot a look over at them to let them know I was watching. I do that. Knee jerk reaction, I guess. 

They saw the look, so I thought we were set. I then noticed the table of foul mouthed guys sitting behind us. 

I don't so much mind the constant stream of f-words, but when one of them started to drop the r-word, I must have had an obvious reaction. 

"That guy is so retar...stupid!" 

Lucky save. I am in no mood to let that one go. Right now they are slinging chauvinistic comments and I can feel my ears steaming. Ugh. 

Hopefully the food is good tonight. I've lost patience with everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment