Saturday, May 31, 2014

Burned

Another busy Saturday in the books.

A t-ball game, a couple hours at the water park, and then another baseball game.  I am one tired mama.

Tonight, though, I have the "sunburn chills", on top of my normal exhaustion.  I am rather notorious for haphazardly spraying myself with sunblock (although you can bet every square inch of the kids is appropriately coated), and the end result is always funky, sunburned stripes.

I look ridiculous.

Bright pale, with random splotches of beet red.  Faaaantastic.

Tomorrow, I shall invest in sunblock lotion and cross my fingers that I do a better job the next time I venture out in the sun, which may be a while.  I do not like the sun anyway (#palegirlproblem?), and getting burned is so awful for your skin, so perhaps I would be better off hibernating.  Well, ok, maybe hibernation isn't the answer, but long sleeves, floppy hat, and giant sunglasses will definitely be in order.

Here's to a shady Sunday, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment