Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hideout

With summer quickly approaching, I've been trying to think of fun, creative ways to keep the kids outside. There are too many indoor traps that will waste away their summer.  While I do believe that they need breaks (it gets super hot and humid here some days!), and as long as they aren't spending the entire day watching tv (quiet time and small doses to relax are fine), I want them to be outdoors.

I would love to build a fairy garden with Addie, and all three kids have an interest in growing vegetables.  I have grand plans for landscaping, so there will plenty of outdoor chores to be done each day.  I also had a brainstorm for creating a simple, yet functional, hideout for them.  With the fenced in backyard, I think I can pull a clothesline diagonally across one of the corners.  Then, I will somehow rig some fabric, creating a "wall" and allowing the kids a space to go into and have secret club meetings and whatever else kids do in a hideout.  Even though I couldn't think of an easier plan if I tried, the kids are so excited for the construction of their new space.

I really hope it works out.  If not, I'll have to formulate a Plan B, I suppose.

What other fun, creative activities can the little ducklings enjoy this summer?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen in pinterest :) some kind of sunshade that involves fabric shower curtains rings and PVC pipes , you make two arches out the pipes and then you just have to make some holes on the fabric , kind of the ones on the shower curtains at both ends and just put it together I couldn't find the link just now but if I find it I'll put it here for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planting a sunflower house this summer! Google it, search on Pinterest OR check out the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sunflower-House-Eve-Bunting/dp/0152019529/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399652319&sr=1-1&keywords=sunflower+house

    ReplyDelete