Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gala

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the third annual Dancing with Our Stars Gala for the Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio.  What a fabulous evening!

This event raises money for the adult programming funding through DSACO, and one of the highlights is watching the self advocates dance.  They learned and performed either the waltz or the merengue, which was fantastic, but then the real fun was watching them let loose and party on the dance floor after all the official business of the evening was finished.

I have not danced like that in a long time.

Sure, the kids and I have kitchen dance parties, but I don't usually get a chance to dance like this outside the house (perhaps the kids prefer it that way, ha!).  We had such a good time, and I was happy to hear that a good amount of money had been raised for the adult programming.

In all, it was a great evening, and now I am up way past my bedtime (and I'm sulking a bit because the date on this post will be 2/2 instead of 2/1).  It's definitely time to take my sore dancin' feet to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment