Saturday, February 22, 2014

Date

Mark and I were able to get out for the evening, without the kids; a rare occasion, for sure!  Tonight, we had a sitter for the kids, and we ventured out of our normal five mile radius to enjoy dinner and some time out with friends.

I made the mistake of wearing a new pair of shoes tonight; super cute ballet flats, with a sparkly bow on the toe.  Of course, I should have known better than to try out a new pair of shoes, knowing that we might be walking a bit, especially after a long winter in my fluffy socks.  But, the warm-ish springlike weather convinced me to break out the new shoes.  About ten minutes into our date, my feet were crying out in pain; it got so bad that I eventually just stepped on the back of the shoes and created a mule-style slip-on.  This worked well enough for me to make it back to the car without Mark carrying me, so we were both happy with that result.  Ha!

Despite my painful foot situation, we had a great time out.  We tried out two places that we've never been, which is always fun.  It's always difficult to go wrong, though, when drinks and good company are involved.

We had the sitter booked until 10pm, and made it home at 9:58pm (we're old pros by now!), and found that Andrew was asleep, Ad was on her way to bed, and Al was still ready to party. All typical.  Ad went on to bed fairly easily, and Al is still hanging on (it doesn't help that America's Funniest Home Videos is on all the stinking time!).  I'll get him to bed soon so I can have a few quiet moments before I drift off to sleep.

After such a long, crazy week, we really needed this break.  It was a lovely Saturday evening, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment