Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lost

We are a very busy family.  Hectic schedules, active kids, and a too-small house contribute to the chaos that we face on a daily basis.  Not such a big deal, until something goes missing.

We are constantly losing things.  And it makes me crazy.

Glasses, socks, wallets, keys, important papers, toys, phones...and most recently, my checkbook.  Blerg!

This latest misplacement has me especially distraught, mostly because I know I saw the stinking thing in my purse the other day and I specifically remember thinking "I should take that out of there before I lose it".  I rarely write checks; if I do, I write them at home and then immediately send them off wherever they need to go.  I have no need to write a check on the spot; now that most places take debit cards, there's just no reason to have it on me all the time.  For some unknown reason, I grabbed the whole thing the last time I needed to write a check.  You can bet, from now on, I'll take extra care in putting it right back where it belongs.

I come from a long line of worriers.  I am envisioning someone on a huge shopping spree right now (ha, joke's on them, because that particular checkbook is for my business account, which doesn't hold much money because I filter it out shortly after it goes in), and I will obsess about it...well, probably forever.  Or at least until it's found.  The odds of that aren't good, though.

In the almost 11 years that we've lived in this house, several things have seemingly disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again.  Let's hope that my stupid checkbook is around here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment