Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Loud and Clear

My original plan for this evening was to take the kids to Zoombezi Bay, to swim and play for a few hours. Mark has a work dinner, and it's super hot today, so the kids and I thought it would be nice to go for a bit.

Mind you, this was after a busy morning and afternoon.  We spent time with my sister and nieces while my nephew was at basketball camp.  We went to lunch, played arcade games, and then hit Costco (which, on a "good sample day", is a lot more fun than it sounds!).  After we parted ways, I decided we'd go ahead and give Zoombezi a try, despite how tired I am.

Alas, I could not find my bathing suit.  I've worn it a couple times this year, but it is nowhere to be found.  I frantically searched, as I wanted to get out of the house to avoid as much traffic as possible.  No luck.

"Kids, we have to swing by Kohl's on our way.  I need a bathing suit."  Sometimes, I am a bit too ambitious.

I didn't realize that the kids would have to sit and wait while I tried suits on, nor did I take into account their crappy attitudes (the Witching Hour was upon us, after all).  Their fighting in the backseat quickly led me to turn the car around and return home.  It was an uncharacteristic move (usually I fight through these situations), but I wasn't up to dealing with all the drama, and I decided we would just hang out at home tonight.

After we arrived home, I decided to take on some laundry.  While putting a basket away, I found half of the suit that was missing; when gathering laundry, I found a suit that I completely forgot I had (it's not my favorite, but it would do).  It soon became clear that the missing bathing suits were a message from the universe: "Take the night off.  Relax.  Or, at least try to relax.  The kids will be fine if they chill and watch tv for one evening."

Message received, Universe.  Loud and clear.  Thanks for the excuse to stay in tonight.  But, if you could return the other half of my bathing suit, I would appreciate it.  xo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment