Thursday, June 12, 2014

Evening Stroll

Our laid back, super tolerant, rescued beagle (Maisey) is a bit overweight.  Aren't we all, right?  But tonight, in the spirit of wellness, I decided to take her for an evening stroll.

As soon as the kids caught wind of my plan, shoes flew on feet, and out the door they went.  So much for my peaceful little walk.

My kids, like others, don't walk so much as they run.  Everywhere.  If they're not running, then they are bouncing, skipping, dancing...anything but walking.  Maisey soon caught on to their groove, and our stroll became more of a brisk trot.

Maisey moved even faster when she discovered a baby rabbit dart across a neighbor's front lawn.  She about pulled my arm out of its socket, and when Addie realized what Maisey had spotted, she flipped out.  "No, Maisey, not the baby bunny!"

Not one to be left out of any dramatic moment, Andrew quickly chimed in, screeching "No, Maisey, don't eat the nature!!"

Shaking my head, I somehow got everyone back on track, and we finished our walk.

They all better sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment