Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sore

The other day I mentioned the beginning (again) of my Wellness Plan: eat less and go to the gym more. Well, today I hit the gym for the first time in a while.

And now I'm ready to crawl into bed and stay there for a couple of days.  Ouch.

Seriously, I'm sore.  I worked on my legs today (so I did the leg machines), but I also do an ab machine on leg day, too.  And wouldn't you know that my abs (or obliques, maybe?) are killing me.

I felt great when I was there, and I was careful not to overdo it.  I did my leg workout, then hopped on an elliptical machine for 20 minutes.  Boom.  Easy, peasy.  Except for that whole not being able to move right now.

I'm determined, though, to keep up with this.  I want to be able to enjoy the warmer weather this summer without the creeping unhappiness that comes along with wearing less clothes.  Let's face it: in the winter, it's easier to hide under layers and not feel so chunky.  Not the case in the summer.  Everything is more transparent (including my pale, pale skin, ha!), and I often find that I'm very uncomfortable in the summer.

Yes, it sounds very vain and egotistical, I suppose, to write that I want to keep up with this because I want to look better.  But, it's the truth.  Not the only reason, but this is a big one, and probably the one that will keep me the most motivated right now.  It has great side effects; more exercise, better eating habits, more water drinking.  Instead of overwhelming myself, I'll just go with the looking better aspect.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.


1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately walking is the only thing I can do safely as exercise because of a lower back injury and degenerative osteoarthritis. Hopefully the weather will cooperate soon so I can enjoy the outdoors after a crazy winter.

    ReplyDelete