Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Busy!

Tonight, I will use my blogging time to update my calendar and put all of the kids' activities for the next two months on our schedule.

Yeah, just kidding.  I'm having a glass of wine, and soon I'll enjoy a handful of peanut M&Ms while I watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

I really should spend some time updating my calendar, though.  I just had a minor freak out, remembering that Addie's Girl Scout Sock Hop is coming up in a few weeks.  Does her poodle skirt still fit?  Does she have costume appropriate shoes?  What will Mark wear? (It's a Father/Daughter sock hop.) WAIT...does Mark have to work that night?  Crap, what the hell am I going to do if he has to work?!?

Then I stopped, opened my schedule book and checked Mark's schedule and determined that at least the timing works out.  (Yes, I still use a book with calendars in it...partly because I don't like putting everything in my phone/on Google and partly because I really don't know how and I don't have the time to spend learning it.  Writing is faster.)  The costume pieces will all come together, somehow.  (But hey, if you're in the area and have something Mark could wear, please let me know.  Thanks!)

My kids are going to be finished with school in about seven weeks, which means that time will fly and we'll be obnoxiously busy as Miracle League baseball, t-ball, and track practices/games will soon begin, and the kids will be wrapping up their dance studies for the year and preparing for the big recital in June.

Whoa.  We're so close to summer!  Cue the next freak out.

Are the kids enrolled in enough day camps?  Where did I put the forms for the camps they are already attending?  Who will watch the kids while I work?  Can I lose some weight to fit into my bathing suit so I don't have to go through the agony of finding a new suit?

These are important issues, my friends.  I think it's time for another glass of wine while I figure all this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment