Thursday, April 3, 2014

Muppets

Rainy days make for good movie days.  Especially on Spring Break.

Today, I took the kids and we met up with friends to see the new Muppets movie.  They have been talking about it for what seems like months; I'm sure we saw a preview for it a long time ago.  Addie and Andrew were very excited to finally get a chance to watch it; Alex was excited for the popcorn.

I grew up watching the Muppet Show, so I will admit that I was happy to see the newest installment of the Muppet adventures.  What I have a hard time getting past, though, is the different voices.  Sure, I suppose things must change in 30 years, but it is still a little off-putting to hear a character speaking in a voice that just doesn't seem quite right.  Beyond that, it was fun to see characters that I've enjoyed for many years in a new story line.

The kids enjoyed the movie, but they also enjoy the experience of being at the movie theater.  With the new reclining seats, you can't really blame them.  Add the bottomless bag of popcorn, and it's a nice way to spend a couple of hours!

With the high cost of taking the whole family to a movie (typically, at least $60!), going to the theater is reserved for special treats (unless, of course, we can wait a couple extra months to see a film at the "cheap theater"...all of us can go there, and have treats from the snack bar, for under $25!).  I am happy to see that several local theaters are offering showtimes with $5 tickets.  That is way more reasonable!  Maybe someone finally realized that lowering ticket prices means that families will frequent theaters more often.

We had a great afternoon, and thanks to the previews, the kids have several more movies on their "To See" lists.


No comments:

Post a Comment