Monday, April 28, 2014

Loss

I've posted recently about reigniting my efforts to be more healthy.  The whole "wellness plan" needed some more support, though, so last week I enrolled in Weight Watchers.

I've done WW in the past, with great success.  It's only been when I've let myself get sidetracked that I've fallen off the path and succumbed to my stress eating habits.  I'm tired of that, though, and last week made a decision to try again.

I spent all last week counting points, and figuring out the best choices for filling meals, while carefully allowing points for small snacks or treats.  After just one week, I'm happy to report a loss of just over four pounds!

Now, before you get all worried about such a big loss (1-2 pounds/week is expected), I'm quite certain it can be attributed to the fact that I drank a ton of water (eliminating my afternoon soda and/or Starbucks, except for a couple days, as well as choosing way more fruits and veggies over cupcakes and junk).  It will level off eventually, but until then, I will most certainly enjoy this little ego boost.

Here's the best part: last week, I had pizza for dinner one night, and Chipotle another.  I counted all those points, though, to stay on track, but I was very satisfied after allowing myself those treats.  I've tried other programs where there is little to no wiggle room on meal options, and found myself face first in a box of donuts after days of deprivation.  The WW program obviously clicks with me, so I will stick to that.

I'm hopeful that I will continue making better food choices, manage stress through exercise rather than junk food, and set a better example for the kids.  Wish me luck!

This blog post contains my own thoughts on the Weight Watchers program, for which I was not compensated in any way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment