Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Countdown

Summer is upon us!  The kids only have 18 school days left for this year.  As much as I dread the change of routine for Alex (there is never a seamless transition), I am more than ready to move on from this school year.

I've been thinking of all the fun things we should anticipate: summer reading programs at the library, the new exhibit at the zoo, evenings at the pool, relaxed bedtimes and morning schedules, all the fun day camps and VBS, and lots more!  I also read recently that this summer could be cooler than usual, because the extreme cold this winter (something about the Great Lakes still being frozen??).  I don't know if that's true, but I would love to have a less humid, pleasant summer (as opposed to the stifling hot and humid summers we typically get).

If we can hang on and get through the jam-packed schedule of the next few weeks, we'll make it to summer break.  I will soon have a fourth grader, a third grader, and a Kindergartner!  Seems impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment