Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Performances

What a busy week we're having!

Yesterday, Alex's third grade class presented a keyboard recital.  They've been working very hard for the last several weeks, and they all did a great job.  I was most impressed that they all bounced out of their seats to perform a solo or duet, without the slightest trace of nerves.  That is such a great experience for them!  I was very proud of Alex; his love of music certainly shines through performances like these.

Big Al, musician extraordinaire 

Tonight, Addie and her second grade peers presented a musical for Earth Day (after Al's track practice, no less!).  What talent in that group of kids!  It was a joy to see all the little personalities on stage.  Addie loves to sing, and she was very proud that she got to be the "dancer" in the game her class played on stage (as opposed to a "tree"), and she just beamed throughout the performance.  
Addie, my second grade song bird

After the musical tonight, I was talked into a trip to the school's book fair.  As much as I love seeing the kids' excitement over books, I was not entirely thrilled to be stuck in a small room with a hundred other people and my cranky kids.  Ugh.  But, we made it out alive and that's what counts, I suppose.  

We're not even half way through the week, and I'm completely exhausted.  I am actually looking forward to tomorrow evening when we "only" have one after school activity.  Pathetic.  I'm just hoping I can get these kids to bed soon (the little one just won't give in tonight...what's the name of that story read by Samuel L. Jackson?) so I can go read some of my book before falling asleep.  (Who am I kidding?  I'm going to watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory.  Sad, but true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment