Monday, April 7, 2014

10 Things

It's Monday.  Not just any old Monday, but the Monday after Spring Break.  I'm so over this day.  My kids are currently running around upstairs - it sounds like they are ready to fall through the ceiling - because they will not stay in bed.  They are tired, I am tired, and we're all just done.

This doesn't lend itself well to a blog post.  Everyone complains about their kids not going to bed.  I don't want to do that; it's been done.  So, I will take a shortcut, and post a list.

I remember several months ago that a Facebook post went around where you had to list 10 things that people probably didn't know about you.  Given tonight's cranky attitude and exhaustion, I give you my list:

10 Things You (Probably) Don't Know about Jen

1. I do not like salad dressing. Ok, to be fair, a lot of people already know this.  It's something that everyone tends to have a difficult time accepting, though.  It has nothing to do with calories, or dieting; I just don't like it.

2. I'm an introvert.  The thought of speaking in front of a group of people makes me break out in hives.  I would much rather spend time in a small group of friends rather than be at a huge party.

3. I don't really enjoy movies.  I haven't seen the full Star Wars series, or the Indiana Jones trilogy, and probably a bunch of other really popular films that everyone else on the planet has seen.

4. Similarly, I haven't read any of the trendy book series.  From Harry Potter to Hunger Games, they haven't had a place on my reading list.  (Note: I did read the very first Harry Potter book, and enjoyed it, but couldn't get into the second one.)

5. I have a huge head.  Like, so big I can't wear most hats.  It's a problem in the summertime, especially, because I'm also very fair skinned and would like to hide under a big, floppy straw hat (that also plays into the whole introvert thing, too).

6. I love watching reruns of my favorite sitcoms on tv.  I do not watch most popular dramas; instead, I'm content watching the same episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory. (My husband does not enjoy this.  He would rather watch documentaries.  Fortunately, he falls asleep first.)

7. Someday, I want to be a published author.  I used to want to be a children's book author, but now, I think I might have a novel in there somewhere.  And, if you're lucky, maybe even a memoir.

8. I love to shop, but I don't like shopping for myself.  I always promise myself that it will be more fun to buy clothing for myself after I lose a few pounds.  Then I eat a cupcake.  I need to stop doing all of that.

9. I hate flying.  (I typically don't use the word "hate", but in this case, it's true).  As a result, I have not traveled very much.  I think I'm missing out, but I have no idea how to conquer this particular fear.

10. I can swear like a sailor.  It escalates with alcohol consumption and time spent with friends without the kids.  I try to control it, but sometimes you really just need to let an f-bomb fly.

So, there you have it.  Any surprises there?  Anything about you that I don't already know?  Do tell.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this. We have #s 5, 7 and 10 in common! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Lara! We should design hats; there seems to be a need for larger hat sizes in the accessories market. ;)

    ReplyDelete