Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hectic

I was beyond excited to return to an office setting this week for a fantastic new opportunity.  I will be working part time; three days in the office, while the big kids are at school.  I couldn't ask for a more perfect situation: I get out of the house, but during the hours while the kids are occupied.  Bingo!

Today, I played catch up.  I know that I need to allow myself some time to get adjusted to our new schedule, but wow, was I ever busy today.  I visited AVON clients this morning, ran a few errands, took Andrew for a haircut and well-child check-up, then took the kids to dance class.  Then it was time for baths, dinner, and bedtime battles.

I.  Am.  Exhausted.

I have always respected parents who work full time, because even when I was a full time "stay at home mom" (in quotations because I was rarely at home!), I couldn't complete a to-do list.  How do full time working moms and dads pull it off?  You all get even bigger Rock Star status now that I have a taste of how much juggling you're doing!

I know that someday all too soon my kids will be old enough to not need me around the house so much, and I'll go back to full time work hours.  I suppose I should take this time to refine my multitasking skills so my household can all better adjust to this new chapter in our lives.

For now, I'm off to read bedtime stories.  Goodnight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment