Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to...ok, enough of that.

Today is indeed my birthday, a day I enjoy and look forward to every year.  Why?  Because when birthdays stop, that becomes a problem.  Right?  Right.  So, as much as I don't enjoy the extra gray hairs and wrinkles that aging brings (although you have to look closely to see any of that, thanks to my hair stylist and my fantastic AVON products!), I still celebrate my special day.

Social media has brought a fun new aspect to birthdays.  I woke up this morning to no less than 20 Facebook messages, and that number has exploded throughout the day to over 100.  So fun!  Each and every message has brought a smile to my face.  I've also received tweets, texts, and phone calls.  Truthfully, I am very grateful to everyone who has taken even just a few seconds to wish me a happy day.

This year, my day (or, Jenapalooza!) has some competition.  My kids have been out of school for two full weeks now, and we are all driving each other crazy.  Our beloved football team, THE Ohio State Buckeyes, play in the Orange Bowl tonight.  And, apparently there is some crazy weather taking aim at us (which, to my horror, could end up in snow days and an even longer holiday break).  But, I will still eat pizza and ice cream cake and bask in the knowledge that I have a few more hours to celebrate.

What do you think of birthdays?  Cause to celebrate, or time to fret?






No comments:

Post a Comment