Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Grumpy

I. AM. OVER. THIS. WEATHER.

The cold.  The snow.  The two hour delays for school...which mean no school at all for my preschooler.  The behaviors caused by irregular schedules.  I'm so completely done with winter, I can't even stand it.

And I live in Ohio.  So, yeah, I'm pretty much out of luck.  Unless I pack everyone up and head south, I am just going to have to suck it up (but not too hard, lest I choke on the arctic air).

I know that I shouldn't complain; I should just be thankful that I have a warm home.  Some days, though, it's really, really difficult to remember that.  I wouldn't mind so much if the weather didn't interfere with our schedules.  But, it does, and that is especially tough on my Alex, who likes to have a consistent routine. When his schedule gets thrown off, look out.  I dealt with another epic meltdown tonight, which I partially attribute to the wonky school schedule today. I'll pay for that tomorrow in back pain (he still pulls the ol' "flop-and-drop", only he's much bigger and heavier now than he was when he first started that nonsense), but since I can't go to the gym now anyway (no child care there), it really doesn't matter.

Instead, I may spend the day, quietly rocking in a corner and dreaming of spring...or summer...or a beach...where I could sit with an umbrella cocktail and not deal with the domino effects of a crappy winter. Maybe I'll skip the dreaming part and sit in the corner with an umbrella cocktail.  But, then nothing else would get done (as the rest of the world doesn't stop just because it's cold in the morning...), and I would be left with no choice but to bore anyone who may be reading my ramblings with more grumpy complaints about something else.

I'll try to spare you.  Stay warm, friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment