Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, Monday

Hey! It's a rare morning post!

That's how bad our morning was. I felt it important to sit down and blog it right away. Actually, it wasn't the worst morning we've had around here, but I doubt I'll have time tonight to sit down and write, so here we are.

I committed a horrible act against Alex: I allowed us to run completely out of chocolate milk. That is bad news, you guys, as chocolate milk is to him as coffee is to me. I naively offered him juice or water, and that's when the morning took an ugly turn. Tears and snot were flying, and Alex was pretty upset too (just joking...only Al was crying...but that is a funny visual, no?).

Seriously, though, Alex was a mess and then he and Andrew started battling and Andrew ended up wearing his cereal. Good times.

And of course, the bus was actually on time today, when I could have used the extra ten minutes that we've had since school started. Figures. Alex did perk up a bit, though, when he saw his violin waiting for him with his backpack, and he waved at me from the bus, so maybe he'll shake his Monday blues by the time the bus arrives. I'll spend the day in a cloud of anxiety, mentally calculating how many gallons of chocolate milk I can fit in the fridge.

So, if you wouldn't mind crossing your fingers that the kiddos have a good day at school, that would be appreciated.

Happy (freaking) Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment