Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Andrew and the Biebs

Andrew has been struggling with writing letters; it's not that he isn't able to correctly write them, he just chooses not to do it. He would rather write his name like this: ANdReW. It's been fun, working with him to do his homework the last couple of weeks. <insert eye roll here>

So this morning, before we left for school, he asked me why he has to learn about letters in Kindergarten.

"Well, Andrew," I patiently started, hoping to not spark yet another letter-related argument, "you have to know how to write the way your teacher has asked you to do it."

"Who decided how you're supposed to make the letters?" Andrew is very inquisitive.

"Um, not sure, dude. Someone thought about all of that a long time ago," I answered, hoping my vague answer would prompt him to change the subject.

"A long time ago? Did Justin Bieber make up the alphabet?!?" 

Facepalm. And then laughter and a near fall down the stairs. 

I don't know why he thought the Biebs developed the alphabet. I don't think I want to know. I'll just keep making sure he completes his assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment