Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gratitude Challenge: Day 4

Today, I am grateful for...

1. My kids' teachers: They watch over my children, taking care to share stories with me and check in with concerns; they teach my kids invaluable lessons yet learn from them as well. Even after we've moved on to new school years, they still welcome them with hugs and smiles. It's not always easy for them, I know (as I'm that mom, especially when it comes to Alex!), but they should know that we value their impact on our kids' lives.

2. Our dog, Maisey: A self-admitted cat person, this sweet beagle rescue pup has nestled her way into my heart as I thought no dog ever could. She tolerates the boys' loud  nonsense, lets Addie snuggle her when she's frustrated with her brothers, and sits at my feet as I write. She's a good dog, even though she pees on the floor (usually after the boys irritate her, but still), and she brings joy to our house like a family dog should.

3. Our generous family and friends: Team Alex has unofficially exceeded our fundraising goal of $7500 (I'm still waiting to receive some checks), which is just astounding. Even more amazing is that I haven't been blocked by every one of my Facebook friends for posting about the Buddy Walk every day since March 21st. We appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment