Thursday, July 10, 2014

Support a Cause, Get a Fantastic Shirt

I've blogged already about my amazing daughter's vision of sharing the #InclusionMatters  message.  Many of you have seen my relentless posts on Facebook and perhaps Twitter, and some of you have already ordered shirts.  Thank you!

But, we have a long way to go to reach our goal.  A goal that will not only raise money for Team Alex, but will also prove to my daughter, Addie, that kids can do important things, too.  Please, check out our campaign page (http://www.iheartgarments.com/campaign/inclusion-matters), order a shirt, and share our message on your Facebook page or Twitter feed.  Sharing this message far and wide could teach many people that #InclusionMatters; it really, truly does.

I know it is possible to reach our goal.  I mean, right now some guy (a local Columbus guy, in fact) is raising thousands of dollars...for potato salad.  POTATO SALAD.  Let that sink in.  People are tossing money at a campaign that may or may not benefit others.  My almost eight year old daughter wants to show people about kindness, and making everyone feel welcome.  That is surely worth more than a gag crowdfunding stunt, right?

I'd like to think so, anyway.

So, I'll leave you with Addie's words: "Please show the world the inclusion matters to you, too.  Thank you."


No comments:

Post a Comment