Thursday, July 31, 2014

Less Than Two Weeks!

Summer, as we know it, is quickly coming to an end. With school starting again in less than two weeks, I'm wondering how much more fun we can squeeze into the last days of summer break.

My kids have been plenty busy this summer, with camps, play dates, VBS, birthday parties, and typical every day kid stuff. We've played soccer and kickball and baseball in the backyard; we've captured lightening bugs and stayed up late watching movies. With the cooler-than-normal weather, we've not been to the pool as much, but the mild temperatures (low 80s in July in Ohio!) have made it more pleasant to spend a day at the zoo.

With at least one more big activity planned (a day at an amusement park), I think my kids would agree that they've enjoyed a great summer. I'm hoping our transition back into our school schedule will be an easy one; or, if nothing else, an uneventful one. The kids are excited to get back to school, and I'm more than ready to be back on a "normal" schedule.

Here's to a lovely last 12 days of summer...but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment