Sunday, July 6, 2014

Clutter

Twice today, while scanning through Facebook, I noticed posts discussing how clutter in your home can block the flow of positive energy.  After deciding that it was impossible that Mark could have planned that, in order to get me to finally help him clean out all the excess crap in this house, I decided to read them.

I'm not certain yet if I entirely believe these claims, but I'm realizing that it can't hurt to start weeding things out around here.  This is what ten years of being overwhelmed by a child with special needs can do to you; papers accumulate, closets bulge, outgrown toys pile up.  I'm over it.  If I start sorting through everything now, I may be finished in a few years (ha!).

Seriously, though, we just don't need all this stuff and I know that there are people who can put some of this to good use. If positive energy starts flowing as a result of that, then it's an added bonus.  I'm game.

It may already be working.  After trying to restore the boys' bedroom today, I not only found some disgusting messes (slices of bread in the floor register...are you kidding me?!?), but I also found a library book that has been missing, as well as Addie's blankie that went MIA a few days ago.

Coincidence?  Probably.  But, maybe it's the start of a more positive chain of events in our home.

Have you heard of this "less clutter = more positive energy" theory?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment