Friday, July 11, 2014

Quotes

Do you ever quote something, in conversation (spoken or written), then wonder if anyone recognizes the source you are quoting?

I do, all the time.  It really doesn't matter to me, though, because I am usually quite amused by my own antics.

Like tonight, when I RSVP'd for a family picnic; I offered to bring a couple of dishes, and quoted that tire commercial with Julie Bowen to back up that offer: "I have a lot of kids." This could be a pretty obscure reference, because you not only have to be watching television to see the commercial, but you also have to be watching a commercial, and who does that anymore?  (Besides me.  I kind of like commercials.  Always have.)  I then proceeded to chuckle about that quote; ok, honestly, I haven't stopped.  That's pretty funny, right there.  I do love Julie Bowen.

Or, it's just another sign that this busy mama has lost her ever lovin' mind...

Nah, I'm just that funny.

What have you quoted lately that may or may not have been obvious to anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. "It really ties the room together" - sometimes I drop that quote from the big lebowski to no avail :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that one before! The hubs is a BL fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete