Monday, July 21, 2014

Lukewarm Coffee

We can probably all agree that Mondays are rough. Today was really no exception.

Our typical household chaos got off to a quick start, and I soon found myself with only 20 minutes left to shower before our sitter arrived. Not a problem; with three kids, I am able to get myself ready to go in no time. With 10 minutes to spare, I stepped out of the shower, only to discover that there were no clean towels. Fantastic.

And then the doorbell rang. Our sitter was early; panic ensued.  I grabbed the last washcloth in the cabinet and frantically tried to dry off with that. Super fun.

After using the world's smallest towel, I threw my clothes on, grabbed my coffee cup, and went rushing out of my bedroom to greet the sitter. Before I made it out the door, though, I collided with Alex, who was running in to announce the sitter's arrival.

What. A. Mess.

My hand flew up in the air upon impact, tossing a big spray of coffee straight up into the air, and I watched as it splattered on top of Alex's head. Two thoughts immediately crossed my mind: 1) I am glad I don't take my coffee extra hot (it was actually lukewarm by that point in my morning, thankfully!), and 2) I bet that would have been hilarious to watch later had it been caught on video.

Poor Alex just stood and stared at me, wide eyed, as I looked down and realized that miraculously, none of the coffee had landed on me or my work clothes. I quickly assessed the damage, silently praised myself for having already booked the carpet cleaners to come this week, and helped Alex take off his coffee soaked tshirt. Not having time to dwell on much of anything, we trotted down the stairs and moved on with our day.

Somehow, I made it to work on time. My day actually went pretty well (until after work, anyway, when the boys got in a juice fight with a Capri Sun...oh, the sticky floors!), and now I'm winding down my day and heading to bed.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can enjoy all of my coffee instead of accidentally showering one of the kids with it. Let's also hope that the coffee stains come out of the carpet!


No comments:

Post a Comment