Saturday, July 5, 2014

Going and Going...

My kids seem to have Energizer Bunny genes.  They don't stop; they just keep going and going and going. All.  Day.  Long.

I'm certain they aren't the only kids like this, and they do have their quiet moments throughout the day, but I feel like most of the time they are bouncing from one thing to the next without stopping to take a breath.  It's exhausting.

Add to it toilet training (I told Alex today, for about the 352nd time, that I am OVER it, and he just needs to get rid of pull-ups), behavior issues (Andrew has been closely studying Alex for more than five years, and thinks he can also pull some of the same behavior crap), and a daughter who goes sideways if her brothers so much as look at her, and you've got a full fledged recipe for chaos.

I figure we've got several more years of this coming our way before they grow out of these behaviors (and adapt new ones, fun!), so I will just have to suck it up and promise that I'll keep trying, day after day.  What else can you do?

And so, with that, I'm off to bed.  I hope you're enjoying the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment