Monday, October 13, 2014

Candy Corn

For me, candy corn ranks right up there with pumpkin on my list of things to NOT eat in the fall. I don't like either one of these popular autumn treats, and I feel like I'm in a definite minority.

Today I had to run a quick errand after I left work and before the kids got home from school. As I dashed to the checkout (I had 15 minutes to shop at Target, you guys...it is possible!), I passed an end cap loaded with bags of candy corn. I screeched to a halt, nearly dropping my armload of goodies (no cart at Target means you spend less, right?), to grab a bag for Addie and Andrew. They do like candy corn, and I thought I would toss some into some Bugles (or "witch hats") for a fun, fall snack mix.

As I stood in line, staring disdainfully at the colorful little candies, this song came to my head. "I don't like candy corn! No, I don't like candy corn!" This was popular when Alex was younger (and when Nick Jr was Noggin!), and I find myself humming it every year as soon as the stores bust out with their Halloween candy (you know, in July).

It's a catchy little tune, for sure. I can't get it out of my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment