Saturday, October 25, 2014

Boo at the Zoo

This afternoon, I took Addie and Andrew to Boo at the Zoo. I figured the zoo would be busy today, because it was a lovely fall day, so I encouraged Alex to spend the afternoon with his nana. I hate it that he misses out on events like this, and it brings on horrible bouts of mommy guilt, but I know that he really does not like crowds and would much rather play Uno with Nana rather than fight through tons of people. So off we went.

I was right in my hunch that there would be lots of people at the zoo today; we had to park clear in the back of the parking lot and walk quite a while to the gate. We made it through the entrance and headed toward the treat stations, as the kids were anxious to collect some candy.

Now, I realize that I am pretty strict about good manners, but I was still amazed by the lack of common courtesy demonstrated by the masses of people today. People cut in front of us in lines, we got run in to with strollers, people allowed their children to push in front of my kids to see the animals. Ugh. It took a lot for me to contain my disgust, and while we managed to see quite several of our favorite animals, we did not stay for as long as I anticipated. It just wasn't worth the frustration. As season pass holders, we much prefer the zoo when it isn't wall to wall people, so we'll go back another time.

I seriously will look into the private tours for the Wildlights event...

No comments:

Post a Comment