Sunday, December 7, 2014

Love Bug

Alex can be very difficult. He will readily tell you that he is stubborn; once he has his mind set on something, especially something that doesn't agree with what we want him to do/think/say, he will rarely change his mind. It can be exhausting.

But, he does have his moments.

Each evening, as he gets sleepier and sleepier, he will spontaneously hug me and say "I love you, Mommy" (only, because we are still working on his "l" sounds, it comes out "I yuv you, Mommy".

Too. Stinking. Cute.

Tonight, after dinner, he finished first and proclaimed the meal "the best dinner EVER!" He started to leave the table, but stopped, and came back. "Oops! I forgot something! Guess what I forgot? I forgot to give you a HUG!" Then, I got a big hug and an emphatic "I love you, Mommy."

This kid. It's amazing how all the difficult moments are pushed aside when he does something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment