Saturday, November 1, 2014

Here Comes Jingles...

I spent time today taking down Halloween decorations, and replacing them with a few Thanksgiving items. No Christmas decorations will go up in our house until at least the day after Thanksgiving, although I did complete a couple of holiday related items today.

After chatting with Alex and learning about a couple of games he likes to play, I immediately contacted Santa and put in a request for those games. Alex is quite difficult to buy for, as he has just a few real interests (like Hot Wheels cars...and he owns well over 200 cars at this point...), so I wanted to make sure that Santa knew about these items.

This evening, I spent some time putting together a photo book for the kids, as instructed by their North Pole elf, Jingles. He wants them to get excited for his arrival, and also be reminded that they need to behave in order for him to stick around, so we'll see how this goes.

These tasks, on top of the usual Saturday chores (laundry and housework, yuck!), and the excitement of Andrew losing his first tooth, made for quite a busy day. I am tired.

Happy November, friends. For what are you thankful? Today, I am thankful that my kids are able to share the magic of each season and be excited for upcoming holidays and traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment