Monday, June 10, 2013

Whirlwind Weekend

We survived Spring Concert 2013!

Wow, am I tired.  And proud. Proud-tired is definitely one of my favorite kinds of tired.

All three of my kiddos took dance classes this year, so they all participated in the annual spring recital.  My older kids were in a ballet/hip hop class, while the little one took a ballet class.  That means three class performances, plus the ever-favorite Father/Daughter/Dude dance (when the kids are joined onstage by their dads for a super cute performance), which was performed in two shows, to bring us to five on-stage appearances, over two days, in addition to two nights of dress rehearsals.  The little one also had a t-ball game on Saturday, before his dance performance.

Ok, not tired.  Exhausted.  And I didn't dance one step.  I did, however, stay busy: drove everyone to every performance; kept track of costumes; acted as my daughter's makeup artist; secured seats for the performances; played the role of ever-supportive mother (while carefully tiptoeing that fine line of becoming a crazy "Dance Mom"). 

As chaotic as the weekend was, I wouldn't change it a bit.  My boys were adorable in their dance debuts.  My daughter glowed and made her dances seem effortless (this was her fourth recital, so she's an old pro now), all while looking years older than she really is.  I love seeing them so excited about their dance classes.  For my boys, it provides lessons in discipline, movement awareness, and physical activity. For my daughter, dance is another way to express her creative talents.  She is already dreaming of the day she can join the "big girls" in the dance company.  I better start saving my pennies now.

We've spent today trying to recover from our busy weekend; as we speak, my girlie girl is napping (she hasn't taken an afternoon nap in ages!), one of my boys is playing a reading game on his iPad, and the other is playing quietly with his dinosaurs.  I'm totally taking advantage of the peace and quiet now, as I know that it will end all too soon.

In fact, no sooner than I typed that last sentence did my boys start battling over something in the other room. So much for "peace and quiet"...but at least I have some lovely dance pics to remind me of how sweet and cute they can be if they try...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment