Friday, December 28, 2012

Ok, for real this time...

Six (ok, almost seven) months ago I pledged to blog more often.  Oops.  But, with 2012 coming to an end and 2013 looming upon us, I figure that it is as good a time as any to try again.  Here goes nothin'.

I do a lot.  Too much, it seems, most days.  The piles of laundry can speak to that.  It takes a lot to raise three kids, run an AVON business (yes, a shameless self-plug!), co-lead a PTO, and do a handful of other things.  I barely have time for much else (although there is always time for Words With Friends), so why not start writing, right?  Truth is, I enjoy writing, and always have.  Since the kids came along, though, my writing has taken an accidental comedic turn, which has led several people to insist that I write a book.  What a terrifying thought!  Exciting, but scary.  I mean, who cares enough about my life to read about it?  Except, maybe, it would make everyone realize that although a person can present herself in a calm, even graceful manner, underneath it all she is paddling like hell to stay above water.

Like a duck.

My dear friend Woz (please read her blog here) made that comparison years ago, and it stuck.  Think about it: when you watch a duck, gracefully gliding across the water or bobbing gently atop of it, you almost forget that its feet are working overtime to keep it from sinking.  I can relate.  On a daily basis.

I'm hoping that writing on a more regular basis will have a cathartic affect, kind of a mental brain dump (that sounds so gross, sorry!) that will help me unwind.  I hope you will enjoy reading about some of my adventures; I promise, they are rarely mundane...my three darling little ducklings make sure of that!

So, cheers to us all as we gear up for 2013.  Welcome to my duck pond.  I hope you will visit often.




No comments:

Post a Comment