Friday, July 12, 2013

Early Conversation with Al

We've had a busy schedule the last couple of weeks.  So busy, in fact, that not having any kids' activities on the schedule today seems weird.  I have plenty of work today, as always, but that's a given.

My sweet Alex just stumbled down the stairs, still half asleep, and found me in the kitchen.

"G'morning, Al," I said, greeting him with a hug.

He looked up at me, and asked "Daddy?"

"No, Daddy is working today.  It's Friday."

He looked hopeful: "Camp?"

"No, buddy, camp is all done for the summer."

He tried again: "School??"

"No, pal, no school on Fridays."

Getting impatient, he asked "Soccer?!?"

"Soccer ended last night, dude.  Remember?"

"Oh," he said, giving in.  "Staying?"

"Yes, Al, we're staying home today," I answered, realizing that I need to get this poor kid some kind of picture calendar so he can keep up with our crazy days.  I waited a moment to see what kind of requests would come shooting out: bowling, library, movies...

But no, he seems content with just hanging out at home today.  He found High School Musical 2 on the DVR (the version with the dance lessons between scenes), and he is happily busting a move in the living room.

Love.  This.  Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment