Friday, November 28, 2014

The Return of Jingles

Our elf returned last night to spend the holidays with our family. The kids were elated to see Jingles waiting for them this morning, and promptly set out an elf-friendly breakfast of Hershey kisses and Smarties to welcome him back. 

Cute, right?

It really was, until I realized I had to quickly eat those candies to keep up my ruse. I stealthy unwrapped the candy, shoved it in my mouth, and arranged the wrappers around Jingles. 

Cute, right?

It was, and the kids giggled in delight when they discovered that "Jingles ate" his breakfast, and I was pretty proud of my ninja elf skills. But, they continued to "feed" Jingles all day. 

Seriously. All. Day. I don't know how I didn't get caught, sneaking the treats away each time. 

Later, they asked if they could sleep in the living room tonight (they think this is great fun). Being the weekend, of course I agreed, and then immediately wanted to bang my head against the wall. With them in the living room, I would have to stage the elf for tomorrow in the kitchen, and very quietly at that. Blurg. 

But, I managed to do it, again without getting caught. I've got mad elf skills, I guess. 

The things we do for our kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment